Specifications of Setare Kavir Yazd carpet
Setare Kavir Yazd Carpets, also known as Yazd carpets, are a type of Persian rug woven in the city of Yazd, located in central Iran. These carpets are renowned for their high quality and exquisite craftsmanship. While specific specifications can vary depending on the individual carpet and weaver, here are some general characteristics and specifications associated with Setare Kavir Yazd carpets:
Yazd is a city in central Iran known for its historical significance and its contribution to Persian pictorial carpet weaving. Carpets woven in Yazd often exhibit intricate designs, vibrant colors, and high craftsmanship. However, the name “Desert Star Carpet” may refer to a specific design or type of carpet associated with the region, but without more specific details or recent information, it’s challenging to provide precise details about it.
If the “Yazd Desert Star handmade carpet” is a relatively new or specialized type of carpet that has gained recognition after my last update in September 2021, I recommend checking with local carpet dealers or manufacturers in Yazd or conducting an online search for the most up-to-date information on this particular carpet style. It’s possible that more information and details about its design, materials, and history have become available since then.
Setare Kavir Yazd carpets, often simply referred to as Yazd silk carpet, are a type of Persian rug woven in the city of Yazd, located in central Iran. These carpets are renowned for their high quality and exquisite craftsmanship. While the exact specifications of Setare Kavir Yazd carpets can vary depending on the individual carpet and weaver, here are some general characteristics and specifications associated with them:
- Setare Kavir Yazd carpets are typically made from high-quality materials, with the most common being wool or a combination of wool and silk. Silk can be used for intricate designs and highlights.
- Design and Pattern:
- Yazd carpets are known for their intricate and elaborate designs. They often feature traditional Persian motifs and patterns, such as floral designs, medallions, and intricate arabesques.
- The colors used in Yazd carpets are rich and vibrant, with a wide range of jewel tones like reds, blues, greens, and gold.
- Knot Type:
- Yazd carpets are traditionally woven using the Persian knot (Senneh knot), which is known for its durability and ability to create intricate designs.
- Pile Height:
- The pile height of Setare Kavir Yazd carpet can vary, but they are generally known for having a luxurious, dense pile that provides both comfort and durability.
- Setare Kavir Yazd carpets come in a range of sizes, from small area rugs to large room-sized carpets. The specific size depends on the weaver’s design and the intended use.
- These carpets are typically hand-woven, which is a time-consuming and intricate process. Skilled artisans create each carpet individually, paying close attention to detail.
- Setare Kavir Yazd carpets are known for their durability and longevity. They are often considered heirloom-quality pieces that can be passed down through generations.
- The city of Yazd in Iran is the primary center for the production of Setare Kavir Yazd carpets. Yazd has a long history of carpet weaving and is known for its unique weaving techniques and designs.
- The price of Setare Kavir Yazd carpets can vary widely based on factors such as size, design complexity, materials used (wool vs. silk), and the reputation of the weaver or workshop. These carpets are often considered an investment due to their quality and craftsmanship.
It’s important to note that each Setare Kavir Yazd carpet is a unique work of art, and the specifications may vary from one piece to another. When purchasing one of these carpets, it’s advisable to work with a reputable dealer who can provide detailed information about the specific carpet you’re interested in.
Our YouTube channel